Monday, May 7, 2012

Hometown Charity Quilt

A close family member was hosting a silent auction to raise money for cancer research and they asked me to make and donate a quilt.  Here's what I made:


I picked the Starry Eyed pattern by Angela for Moda Bake Shop and made the whole thing from Hometown by Sweetwater.  I really liked this pattern!  The instructions are great and the only swap I made was to use a jellyroll instead of a layer cake and it worked out perfectly.  The backing is one of the deep red prints, the border a blue plaid and the solid is Bella Porcelain.  I quilted it on my machine with all over loops.  It finished at about 62"x78".

My only wishes - that I took more pictures (I procrastinated until right before we had to leave and it was raining) and that I made two!  My husband really liked this one so I might have to buy some more fabric and make him one of his own.

Linking up @ Sew.Happy.Geek for Manic Monday and Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the pattern and the fabric! I hope it does well for bringing in the money!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to do very well in the auction! I wish I could bid for this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, Kelsey!! What a great item to donate...I hope it brings in tons of money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt. I'm sure it will make heaps of money for your charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That would be a hard one to let go of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I have that pattern pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so pretty kelsey! i hope it gets a million dollars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!