Tuesday, March 27, 2012

On a Whim

A quilty finish that I'm definitely going to have a hard time parting with!!  I decided to make a quilt for my cousin and his wife (to-be) as a wedding gift and I finished it up this weekend. 

The pattern is On a Whim by Camille and I made it out of Ruby with Kona White and Kona Khaki.

On a Whim in Ruby

AMAZING Quilting :)

I decided to send this one out to be quilted.  I found Sarah through the Swooning On a Hop Along group on Flickr and she did an AMAZING job with the quilting.  I honestly couldn't be more pleased!!!  She charges an affordable rate, had it back to me within a week, and had lots of pretty designs to choose from.  I will definitely be sending her some more quilts in the future :)

I also must sing the praises of Camille's pattern.  The instructions were easy to follow, comes together relatively quickly and makes a beautiful (and great sized) quilt!

Want to make an On a Whim quilt? Check out the Swooning On a Hop Along group on Flickr and join the quilt along for several of Camille's patterns.



Kelsey

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and quilting! Camille's patterns are the best. Love your binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this pattern a couple of weeks ago, and I can't wait to start...yours looks just beautiful!! I am sure it will be loved, but I totally understand how hard it is to give away. Now you just need to make another one for you, hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish! I really like your use of the khaki with the bright colors! I'm on a mission to make khaki the new gray. I used it as the background for a quilt last month, and it was a great compliment to the modern prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this in the Ruby - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!